One of the major events last week for the LGBT world was Obama’s speech about gay marriage. Although what I personally believe is there is a whole lot way to go in the path of equality before coming to marriage, I admit this one was a big step taken (although only verbally) by a president.
This entire thing about equality had a major effect in my selection of the best of the week and it’s coming from @proactivism.
At this very point, I should also be sharing his quote under the photo which would make even more sense:
“They gave me a medal for killing two men, and a discharge for loving one” —U.S AIR FORCE TSgt. LEONARD P. MATLOVICH Vietnam War veteran and recipient of the Purple Heart and the Bronze Star Matlovich was the first gay service member to purposely out himself to the military to fight their ban on gays, and perhaps the best-known gay man in America in the 1970s next to Harvey Milk
- Harvey Milk Street is a go! (queerlandia.com)
- San Diego Claims Harvey Milk as One of Its Own (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Gay soldier shares reaction to GOP debate boos (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- ‘Gays’ to YouTube: Don’t let anyone see THIS! (wnd.com)
- Video | GetEQUAL protesters hold vigil at gravesite of gay U.S. Air Force Sgt. Leonard Matlovich (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- The Right Side of History – Indiegogo (dboling03.wordpress.com)
- Cape Town With Love and Pride Pictures and Reflections (oblogdeeoblogda.wordpress.com)
- One Day in the Life of a Lesbian (heartofifigenia.wordpress.com)
- Steven Goldstein of Garden State Equality is a phony and a freak who likes Gov Chris Christie – who is anti-Gay Community (bonjupatten.com)
- Republican Congresswoman Gets Human. (isellerfinance.wordpress.com)
- MARIO PIPERNI: ‘Late Night Political Humor’ (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Dear Parent’s Who Do Not Think All Americans Should Have the Same Rights, (allthatmakesyou.wordpress.com)